is the Association for Ethical Professionals engaged in
the repair, parts supply, manufacture, import & retailing of household appliances
The Appliance Industry Association
aims to be the Australian national organisation of first choice for
repairers, parts suppliers, manufacturers, importers and retailers of appliances
OBJECTIVES OF THE APPLIANCE INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION
- To represent the membership collectively to government, semi-government and statutory authorities and any other organisations on any matters of interest or concern to the Association.
- To assist members in remaining abreast of developments within the appliance industry, including developments pertaining to the technical/technological aspects of appliance design, operation,
parts and service and developments in relation to business requirements and practice such as those relating to statutory obligations.
- To assist the appliance industry with the development of appropriate training courses.
- To ensure that the public interest shall predominate in all competitive trading between Association members.
- To provide a tribunal or other body for the resolution of consumer complaints on a basis of impartiality to members and consumer alike.