Every AIA member will :
- Accept this Code of Ethics entirely;
- Comply with any relevant Code of conduct or good practice issued by a government or government instrumentality.
- Ensure compliance with this code by all persons retained by them, whether as employees, sub-contractors or in any other way;
- Conduct their business and carry out their duties in accordance with strict professional courtesy and integrity;
- Be well informed regarding laws and Codes applicable to their business and will comply with all the requirements thereof;
- At all times conduct their business in free competition with others, and will not criticise the actions of or damage the reputation of other AIA members, either directly or by implication.
- Use AIA member identification and promotional material only in the manner recommended by the AIA from time to time.
- Abide by AIA decisions regarding complaints and/or disputes with the member’s customers.
- Where applicable to the member’s business:
- When requested to do so by a consumer, offer a written quotation for repairs or, where this is not possible, make it clear to the consumer that only an estimate is being furnished.
- Notify the consumer in advance if any dismantling charges are necessary to arrive at a quotation and at the same time make it clear whether or not the consumer is liable for these charges, irrespective of whether the quotation is accepted.
- Issue their standard invoice for all warranty repairs showing parts replaced, work carried out and a note that it is uncharged warranty work.
“Whitegoods Repair Code of Practice”, the NSW code shall apply to the member.)